Most women are on a quest to achieve timeless beauty. Whether you are a teenager, a young woman, or an older lady who takes pride in her looks, the secret to looking beautiful is like the Holy Grail for women from all walks of life.
Many women wrongly believe that the key to beautiful, flawless, sun-kissed skin lies in mastering the art of applying make-up. Make-up can succeed transiently, but putting on your makeup-face first thing in the morning can be cumbersome, time-consuming and rather elaborate. No doubt; applying make-up can freshen up your look and let you ‘fake’ a glow on bad mornings, but the secret to looking beautiful begins with healthy, naturally glowing skin; not relying on cosmetic solutions. ‘Healthy’ refers not only to external application of beautifying agents but also strengthening the skin from within
A study of women (aged between 18 and 25) by StumbleUpon shows that 67% of women use 0-3 beauty products in the mornings, 20% stated that they use 4-7 products, 10% use 8-12 products whereas, surprisingly, only 3% young women use more than ten beauty products.
The study reveals a remarkable trend — not all the women resort to using make-up and beauty potions. Most of them have realized the fact that using skin-friendly cosmetic products and eating skin-friendly foods keeps your skin looking youthful and stress-free for longer.
If you are keen to get healthier, naturally glowing skin too, the following seven tips are a must try!
- Drink Lots of Water: Not just drink for quenching your thirst; drink it as much as possible. One of the main causes of skin looking dark and dull is dehydration, which occurs due to fluid loss through skin evaporation, breathing, passage of urine and stool. Drinking at least 3-5 litters of water a day maintains the optimum fluid level.
- Keep your Skin Moisturized Use a good moisturizer that keeps your skin nourished, warding off premature wrinkles and parched saggy skin. Ensure that the moisturizer you buy has deep moisturizing ingredients like as lanolin, glycerine, or petrolatum. A beauty consultant can help you find the best match for your specific skin type.
- Cleanse your Skin: It makes sense to rinse your face with a good face wash daily. It helps cleanse pollutants and remove all traces of your make-up. Wash your face in the mornings before you apply your moisturizer and makeup, and at night before bedtime.
- Don’t Forget the Sunscreen: One of the greatest enemies of your healthy skin is harsh sunlight. Make sure you apply a good sunscreen daily to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB sunrays.
- Say No to caffeine: Instead of drinking coffee in the morning, switch to a cup of lemon and hot water potion that detoxifies the skin. Caffeine dehydrates the skin.
- Dietary enhancements: Along with skincare products applied externally to your skin, it’s a good idea to add a few dietary enhancements (supplements) that make your skin glow from within. The best dietary supplement is Amino Collagen powder. The daily dosage of Amino Collagen replenishes the required collagen in the skin. It contains fish collagen, glucosamine, arginine and vitamin C .This unique combination makes the skin healthy and beautiful from within.
- Eat a Healthy diet: Make sure you never skip your meals and eat a healthy diet that includes foods rich in Vitamins C B3, E and A.